This new year we are prioritizing eating our veggies! I love this recipe because it sneaks in veggies in a really yummy and delicious way! I’ve now been plant based for over a year and a half and I love recipes like this sweet potato quesadilla!
Quesadillas used to be one of my go to recipes to make a quick lunch or order out but it’s hard to do when you’re dairy free! I found this recipe actual from a Hello Fresh Box but have made it my own as the years have gone on. If Hello Fresh is reading this, offer dairy free alternatives so I can still enjoy your stuff!!
This recipe is so quick and easy, as well as perfect to rotate into your New Year’s meals!
Your favorite Tortillas (I love almond flour but my grocery store didn’t have so I did whole wheat)
Cheese (Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheese is the best to melt with)
1 poblano pepper
1 yellow onion
1 tsp cayenne
1 jalapeño pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 then peel and dice your sweet potatoes. Spray them with a little oil and bake for 25 minutes or until soft.
- Dice your poblano and yellow onion. Sauté your poblano and half of the yellow onion in a pan with cayenne, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Create a little salsa with your diced jalapeño, other half of the yellow onion, and tomatoes!
- Once everything is cooked, assemble your quesadillas without the salsa and bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp.
- Serve with salsa on top and sliced avocado & enjoy!!
I love this recipe because it’s truly a twist on a classic. This helps you sneak in your veggies while having something good. If I’m looking for something more nutrient dense, I’ll even throw in some black beans! Let me know if you have tried this sweet potato quesadilla recipe or if you have a non-traditional quesadilla recipe!
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more day to day content!!