I have been waiting to share this recipe with you because it’s perfect for the holidays! This vegan au gratin potato recipe is next level and so good. I miss out on so many favorites being dairy free and this was life changing when I made it.
I seriously love how easy this recipe is for how good it tastes. These cheesy potatoes pair so well with any holiday dinner so I really wanted to share it now in my holiday recipe series!
6 thinly sliced potatoes
1 white onion diced finely
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup veggie broth
1 1/2 cup vegan milk
2 cups vegan shredded cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder
salt & pepper
- Start by boiling your sliced potatoes in water then drain.
- Preheat your oven top 425 and then heat a small pot on the stove.
- Begin making the roux by heating oil then the diced onions. Add in water & Salt then butter and once melted slowly mix in flour.
- Slowly add more veggie broth then the milk and keep stirring. Add cheese and stir until sauce has thickened. Then immediately remove from heat.
- In a baking dish, pour a little of the cheese sauce in then begin layering the potatoes. Pour the rest of the sauce on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until cooked thoroughly and brown!
- Enjoy 🙂
I am not joking when I tell you this was the best vegan alternative I’ve made yet! This vegan au gratin potato recipe is delicious and seriously like the real thing! If you make this recipe, let me know!!