I love the holidays because of all the pumpkin spice. I wanted to get this post up sooner, but it has really taken me this long to perfect my vegan pumpkin bread recipe. It is finally ready to go out and I am obsessed with it!
This is a really easy recipe and since it’s vegan, it has very minimal ingredients too! I really have tried to move away from white sugar so this also is a little healthier since it uses brown. This recipe is going to be a go to when I want a healthy treat!
1 c pumpkin puree
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c neutral oil (I used vegetable)
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
1 3/4 c oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
Sprinkle of salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease it.
- Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Next, add in your flour, baking soda, baking powder, spice, and salt. Mix again until well combined but try not to over mix. You’ll notice it become fluffy and that is the consistency you want.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and cook for 45-50 minutes or until you can stick a knife in it and it comes out clean.
- Let it set for an hour and enjoy!
I am obsessed with this recipe. The oat flour makes this vegan pumpkin bread dense and so decadent. This is a perfect dessert to bring to a holiday party which will already be filled with all the other typical goodies. This is a really healthy alternative and I hope you’ll try it out!
PS.. here’s a funny behind the scenes pic of what happens behind most of my food pictures lol!