This is definitely a newer recipe for me! I love this chicken roaster recipe because it’s not only good the day of but I love the leftovers. Chicken is just about the only meat I’ll eat and making a roaster like this ensures I’ll have leftovers to use in so many ways!
I like to think of this recipe as my own at home rotisserie chicken. It’s essentially the same thing but I can season it how I want and it gets so fresh and delicious! You can serve with potatoes and gravy or really however you want to! It’s so easy it’s become a staple in my meal rotation!
Whole Chicken Roaster
1 tsp thyme
4 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 425 and decide what pan you’re going to use. Sometimes I use my dutch oven and others I’ll use a throw away aluminum foil.
- Prep your chicken by patting it dry from the extra liquids.
- Melt butter and then mix in minced garlic, garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary. Pour mixture over chicken in pan and make sure it coats completely. (sometimes I add more, sometimes I need less)
- Cooking time will depend on weight of your roaster.. typically it’s 2-3 hours for a young chicken and sometimes you can even get the one with the pop up timer!
- While it’s cooking, baste with the drippings occasionally to keep it moist!
- Carve & enjoy!
This is the easiest chicken roaster recipe to make for dinners! If you loved this recipe, be sure to check out more recipes like this here! You can follow me on Pinterest @cassiedenisco for even more content!
Leave a Reply