This is one of my fall go to recipes that I am obsessed with! We’ve been making this insta pot curry recipe since last fall but really have the recipe perfectly nailed down. This is the easiest dinner recipe that tastes like you’ve been working all day on it!
I really fell in love with my insta pot during the pandemic because it cooks food so easily and quickly! This recipe wouldn’t be as easy if it weren’t for my insta pot so definitely think about investing in one if you don’t already have it!
4-5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 yellow onion diced (keep pieces large)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
7-8 chopped baby carrots
1 tablespoon ketchup
3-4 potatoes peeled and cubed
2-3 cups chicken broth
block of Japanese curry roux
1 tablespoon soy sauce
White rice to serve it with!
- In your insta pot turn on sauté feature and add olive oil, onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook until fragrant.
- Add in the chicken thighs and cook both sides until white. (I do this to make sure it get’s cooked all the way through)
- Add in potatoes, carrots, and pour chicken broth over everything until covered.
- Place curry roux on top but don’t mix it in just leave it there. Close the lid and then turn on stew setting for 15 minutes.
- After cooked, let steam for additional 15 minutes.
- Lift the lid and mix thoroulghy adding in ketchup & soy sauce.
As you can see, this was the insta pot curry recipe easiest recipe to make! I love to serve this with white rice and will have leftovers for days! This is also a really easy meal prep meal for lunches for the week too!
I get the mild curry so this is definitely a family favorite and really has all the veggies and nutrients you need for a dinner! If you liked this recipe, check out more here on my blog or on my Pinterest for video content!
Leave a Reply