If you’re anything like me, pizza is one of your favorite meals. I swear I could eat pizza for almost any meal and this makes it so easy. I was in search of a pizza recipe a little less carb heavy and I stumbled on the pita in my fridge. Using these as a crust leaves the pizza almost like a flatbread. The size of the pita also makes it perfect for personal pizzas or to mix and match the toppings. In this post, I’m sharing my go to pita pizza recipe.
- Start by putting the 1 teaspoon of olive oil all over your pita
- Thinly slice your tomatoes and layer them around your pizza
- Add your fresh mozzarella & basil to the top
- Bake at 350 for about 8-9 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Once out and cooled sprinkle balsamic glaze over
This pizza recipe is seriously so good. I love how healthy it makes pizza night and makes it quick and easy to make. Some other toppings that I love to use are ricotta cheese, zucchini and even red onions and barbecue sauce. Pizza night is awesome with pita because you can make everyone their own flavor and don’t have to worry about trying to find one everyone loves.
Another really yummy way to make pizza is with flatbreads. I buy mine at my local stores and its similar to the pita. Of course it has more carbs but sometimes you just really want that great slice of pizza.
What are some of your favorite pizza toppings?