I stumbled upon this recipe when I unused Zucchini in my fridge. I was craving pasta and ended up with this delicious summer zucchini pasta recipe.
This pasta is so light and tastes so fresh because you’re really using in season veggies. You can also swap out the protein to your liking but I found the sausage just really makes this great!
1 pound rigatoni pasta
2-3 small zucchini diced
1 cup grape tomatoes diced
4 Italian sausages (I slice them open and discard the casing)
1 tbsp garlic
red pepper flakes
parmesan cheese (I used vegan)
- Fill a large pot of with water and boil it to cook your pasta. Follow the directions on the pasta box to cook.
- In a sauté pan, add a little olive oil then the ground sausage. Cook until lightly browned (no pink).
- Add in minced garlic, diced zucchini and diced tomatoes. Cook until zucchini is soft and tomatoes start to burst open. Sometimes I put the lid on my pan to help steam everything quicker.
- Once the veggies are soft, drain your pasta but save 1 cup of the water. Add pasta and pasta water to the veggie pot.
- Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate pasta and top with cheese and red pepper flakes.
I hope you’ll give this zucchini pasta recipe a try! I absolutely love making this once a week with the in season veggies. It’s literally so delicious and has become a staple in my house. You can even make it without the sausage and it’ll be just as good!