I am so excited to be sharing with you my viral fall harvest bowl! This was posted on Pinterest Here and it seriously blew up! I am so glad everyone is enjoying this bowl because I swear it is the perfect transition meal!
Whether you want a warm dinner or a chilled side, this bowl is great for meal prep! You can make it in advance and use it throughout the week for lunches or dinners! I love how filling it is alone and it’s vegan so you’re also doing good for the planet too!
- 1 box of orzo
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- handful of grape tomatoes
- handful of walnuts
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- red wine vinegar
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- Start by preheating your oven to 425 and dicing up your sweet potatoes, onions, and tomatoes. Add to an oven safe pan, drizzle with olive oil, and bake until all are soft.
- Meanwhile drain chickpeas and add to a baking sheet with walnuts. Bake walnuts for 5 minutes until crisp and remove. Keep chickpeas in until they harden.
- Cook orzo according to the package.
- Make dressing by combining 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup vinegar, 2 tbsp maple syrup, and dashes of basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Combine all together and mix well, adding salt & pepper to taste!
I hope you enjoyed this Fall Harvest Bowl recipe! I have this recipe on repeat each week because it’s just that good. If you liked this recipe, you can check out more recipes here!