It has been a hot minute since I’ve done a nail tutorial! I am obsessed with this viral chrome nail tutorial that is a take on the Hailey Bieber nails! Mine are done differently because I prefer the powder gel to the uv so I’m going to share my version!
If you are looking to set up your at home nail kit, read this post here so you can get all the goods to get started! I am by no means a professional nail artist but I took up this hobby during the pandemic and honestly just stuck with it!
- Chrome Powder- Shop Here
- Translucent Dip Powder- Shop Here
- Gel Top Coat- Shop Here
- Gel Base- Shop Here
- I have an electric nail file that I use to prep my nails but you can just take a file to file and buff them out.
- Take your gel base and apply a thin layer then dip your finger into the translucent powder at a 45 degree angle.
- Continue this process about 2-3 times depending on your desired opacity.
- Coat nails in activator then file them down to smooth and even out.
- Apply one coat of the gel top and let it get about 95% dry.
- Take the chrome powder and dust it on top of your nail until you have your desired effect.
- Apply another coat of gel top and let it sit!
I seriously just love the look of these glazed donut nails! They are gorgeous and not as difficult as they look! The key is just applying the chrome at the right time so it stays nicely in place!
If you loved this chrome nail tutorial be sure to subscribe to the blog and follow me on Pinterest for more exclusive video content!