I’m super excited to be sharing this healthy rice bowl recipe with you! I was originally introduced to it through Green Chef, but I’ve made it so many times now I have my own take! Rice bowls are seriously such a good dinner idea because they have something for everyone.
I also love to have meatless nights but still get in enough protein. This bowl is so filling and if you wanted to add a meat protein, chicken, beef or turkey would pair well!! Here’s my recipe!
1 cup White Rice
1 cup veggie broth
1 can pinto beans
1 can corn
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Bring veggie broth, rice, and salt to a boil then let simmer covered for about 10 minutes.
- Chop up tomato, scallion, lime, and rinse pinto beans
- Use half of the tomato, half of the scallion, and half the lime to create a salsa. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Saute the other half of tomato, scallion, and corn in the pan then add pinto peans and spices. Cook until heated.
- Add the cooked rice to this veggie pan and sprinkle with the other half of the lime. Mix thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Divide the rice & veggies evenly into bowls. Add salsa on top then pecans and finish off with dijon mustard & mayo mixed together and drizzled on top.
As you can see this bowl is so easy to make but jam packed with flavor. I seriously love to try out green chef recipes because they open your eyes to different ways to put food together! It really gives me the inspiration to create a healthy rice bowl like this!