As many of you know, I’m not the biggest meat or fish eater but I am trying to incorporate more into my diet. I recently was craving a taco and decided to create this yummy shrimp taco recipe that came out so great. It is a great twist on the traditional recipe and has so much flavor!
1 lb. of Shrimp
Chile Lime Seasoning from Trader Joes
1 Red Onion
Taco Toppings of your choice ie. sour cream, cheese, hot sauce
- The first thing I like to do for this recipe is make my fresh topping. I finely dice the onion, tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeño. I add them to a container and then squeeze half of the lime in it. Salt & Pepper it and let it sit in the fridge while you prep everything else.
- Clean and take off the tails of you shrimp. Sprinkle the chile lime seasoning on it (or seasoning of your choice) and let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Add your shrimp to a pan and cook thoroughly.
- While they are cooking, you can warm your tortillas in the oven by broiling for 2 minutes.
- Once shrimp are finished, assemble your tacos, top & enjoy!
This yummy shrimp taco recipe is seriously delicious! It was so easy to make and is a great lighter meal option for spring. I love stepping out of my comfort zone with recipes and this one was so easy to make!